We understand the decision to transition to long-term care is one of the most important decisions you will ever make. We want to ensure your decision is a positive one. Below are some of our home’s points of difference:
The calendar is always full. You can be as active as you like.
For some people, the key to living better is filling every day with meaningful activities that bring people together, build bonds and create shared experiences.
Whether it’s tapping the power of music to engage a resident with dementia, attending worship services, participating in exercise classes, or reminiscing with a friendly volunteer, there’s always something going on at Extendicare Elmview. Check “News & Events”
Here, residents lead active and engaged lives.
This is home. Your home.
We want you to feel at home. We’ll support you in becoming an active and engaged member of your new community and enjoy life to the best of your ability.
We have a welcoming and inclusive environment.
Not only do we work very hard to integrate residents into our community and feel at home, we’re also committed to making families feel at home here too. The following are some of the measures we take to help our residents settle in and also help family members feel comfortable and get involved:
- Monthly Newsletter: We produce and distribute a monthly newsletter to family and residents to keep them informed.
- Welcome Meal: We provide a complimentary meal to family members on Admission Day so they can stay close to the loved one throughout a very difficult day.
- Family Advisory Board and Residents Council: We tell family members and new residents about our Family Advisory Board and Residents Council and invite them to participate as a way to get more involved in our home.
- Family Suppers: We host 3 Annual Family Suppers – one in the spring and two in the fall.
- Personalize Your Room: Residents are encouraged to bring some personal items and furnishings from home to make their rooms feel more familiar and comfortable.
- Feedback: We encourage residents and family members that we want them to tell us everything about our home that they are unhappy about – from the food to the temperature in their room – and we will make it right.
- Family Participation: Family members are encouraged and welcomed to participate in activities with their loved one.
- Resident Care Plan: Family members, along with their loved one, participate actively in all aspects of the development of the Resident’s Care Plan.
- Open Door Policy: We have an Open Door policy so that if a family member or resident wants to talk, we’re here to listen.
We connect you to the community.
Maintaining strong connections to others is essential to keeping people active and involved.
Getting you out into the community and bringing the community into our home is important to your quality of life. Here are some of the ways in which the residents and staff get involved with the community, and how the community connects with us:
- Resident Outings: We have regular outings for residents, weather permitting, and they can include everything from shopping at the mall, going to Agribithion and feeding the geese in the park to horse rides through the park and houseboat rides.
- Student Placement Opportunities: We provide placement opportunities for students in the RN, LPN, CCA and Social Work programs at the University of Regina and SIAST.
- Bake Sale and Tea: We host an annual Bake Sale and Tea that is well supported by the community.
- Summer Yard and Rummage Sale: We also hold Summer Yard and Rummage Sale where the community can come together and even enjoy the services of our newly opened bistro.